Below are some of the most frequently asked questions received by the Knox County Veterans Services Office.

What is a DD214?

A DD214 is the official document provided upon your discharge from the military branch in which you served.

Where can I get a copy of my DD214?

You may request a copy directly from the National Personnel Records Center, or we can assist you in obtaining a certified copy.  You may also do this online at www.archives.gov.

Am I eligible for VA health benefits?

If you served active duty in the military and were discharged under other than dishonorable conditions, you may be entitled to benefits. The first step is to come in to our office and complete a VA Form 10-10EZ, Application for VA Health Benefits. Once completed, we will submit the application to the VA Clinic of your choice. In approximately 2-4 weeks, you will receive a letter explaining your level of eligibility.

Is your office affiliated with the Veterans Administration?

No, we are a county funded organization dedicated to the service of our local veterans.

When are your hours of operation?

We are open Monday through Friday 8am to 4pm. We can be reached at 740-393-6742.

Can I get help with my rent, utilities or past due bills?

We may be able to provide assistance, your first step would be to call our office to set up an appointment with our Financial Coordinator, Melissa Wheeler. This can be done by calling 740-393-6742.

I lost my medals, Can I get replacements?

Yes, you can come in to our office and we will assist you in filling out VA Form 180, Request Pertaining to Military Records. The replacements will be sent directly to your home in approximately 4-8 weeks.

Where do I go to use my gas voucher?

Gas cards can be redeemed at any Shell Gas location. There are no time limitation to redeem them.

  • Web Design and Hosted by ECR